none
TooComplexQueryException' ExceptionMessage: 'There are too many results for this search. Please try your search again with more specific word RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am facing a problem when searching with fast search integrated with our share point application.

ExceptionType: 'TooComplexQueryException'   ExceptionMessage: 'There are too many results for this search.  Please try your search again with more specific keywords.'   StackTrace: '  

This happened when i search the word like "test" with my custom FQL query

I don't understand why it throwing the error when i have already placed a RowLimit =50

Harsh

• Edited by Airwings Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:02 AM added more detail
    • Moved by Nishant - MSFT Friday, April 27, 2012 9:55 AM Misroute (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:58 AM

Answers

• Hello Harsh,

Thank you for the post. This exception is thrown when a keyword matches more words than the allowed maximum of 10000 words in a wildcard search. You may try wildcard off in query ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff394462.aspx for more details about wildcard off.

Thanks..

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Airwings Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:34 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:05 AM
  • Hello Harsh,

Thank you for the post. This exception is thrown when a keyword matches more words than the allowed maximum of 10000 words in a wildcard search. You may try wildcard off in query ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff394462.aspx for more details about wildcard off.

Thanks..

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Airwings Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:34 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:54 PM