none
To activate the SharePoint Server Publishing feature, you must deactivate the Site Pages feature.

Question

• Whats the latest MS have made to the SharePoint online site collection as i am getting thebelow error:

To activate the SharePoint Server Publishing feature, you must deactivate the Site Pages feature.

thanks

• Moved by Sjoukje ZaalMVP Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:21 PM Not Dev related
    Friday, February 24, 2017 1:29 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same error since today morning in SharePoint Online Site Collection.

Pages and images library was not showing up even after activating SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure at site collection level and  feature and SharePoint Server Publishing feature at site level using CSOM.

I tried manually deactivating and activating both the features and while i was re-activating the SharePoint Server Publishing feature i got the same error "To activate the SharePoint Server Publishing feature, you must deactivate the Site Pages feature."

I then deactivated the site pages feature and activated the SharePoint Server Publishing feature still Pages and Images are not showing up.

Everything was working till yesterday :(

Friday, February 24, 2017 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Since your issues is about SharePoint online configuration, I will move this thread to the SharePoint Online forum.

Regards, Sjoukje

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:20 PM