MS outlook mail shows attachments but not open in associated file type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  

I  am  facing  problem  in  my organization  from several weeks. i.e.   whenever  office staff  open  mail  Ms Outlook and  click on attached  attachments ( e.g.  word, excel , etc.. )   it  does not  opened !

The Ms Outlook email shows  attachment but  not  opened with associated file  program

Kindly  help me about  this  matter 

Regards, 

Iqbal 

• Edited by karachi.boyz Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:03 AM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:25 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:02 AM

All replies

• Please first follow Rosamund's suggestion to check the default app  by file type. For example, you've set Word as the default app for .doc and docx files.

>>  it  does not  opened !

Are there any errors when opening these attachment? 

Besides, when you open attachments from the email message, Outlook places copies in the SecureTemp folder. If the folder is full, attachment will have problems to open. Refer to this link and open the path of SecureTemp folder. Delete files in it.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

If the steps above don't work, please feel free to post back. We are willing to help.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, December 6, 2019 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:33 AM
  • can you open attachment now? Any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptom:]

====================

Cannot open attachment with associated application.

[Troubleshooting Steps so far:]

====================

1. check the default app for these file types

2. Delete files in SecureTemp folder

[Reference Links:]

====================

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-the-file-association-for-an-email-attachment-6fa9ac47-4e57-4ab8-9234-2422e3ea507f 

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:48 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:48 AM