none
I installed Windows 10 but it won't activate

Question

• First I thought it's because it wouldn't let me even get into settings as well as in other apps like the application store but thanks to one of your responses I fixed it, what's still funny though I still can't activate it even though settings open up normally.
    Saturday, March 11, 2017 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Khan,

Did you purchase retailed Windows 10 or free upgrade to Windows 10?

You’ll need to use a valid product key to activate Windows 10 on a device that has never had an activated copy of Windows 10 on it.

If you activated a free upgrade to Windows 10 or bought and activated Windows 10 from the Windows Store, you have a digital license for your device. This means you can reinstall the same edition of Windows 10 that your device has a digital license for without entering a product key. During reinstallation, if you’re asked to enter a product key, you can skip this step. Windows 10 will automatically activate online after the installation is complete.

For the detailed information, read this article:

Activation in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Of course, you need to make sure your computer has internet connection.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:01 AM