none
How to Block Some Users from External URL and Allow Managers only.

Question

• Hi Floks,

I have a scenario where i have to block OWA/ActiveSync/OutlookAnyWhere access to all Users except Managers. Only Managers can access email from outside of the Org rest of people will access only from office.Looking for any advise from experts.

regards.

Shakir

Monday, November 7, 2016 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Floks,

I have a scenario where i have to block OWA/ActiveSync/OutlookAnyWhere access to all Users except Managers. Only Managers can access email from outside of the Org rest of people will access only from office.Looking for any advise from experts.

regards.

Shakir

Depending on how you handle load balancing you could probably do it with advanced layer 7 lb technology.  I've seen this work with F5 leveraging technologies like APM.  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Monday, November 7, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, no built-in way in exchange server. And based on my knowledge, we can create two OWA/ActiveSync virtual directories. One is for external, one is for internal. But all users (include managers) will not be able to access OWA/ActiveSync from external.

Similar thread for reference

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/27b2457f-3c76-423d-94d4-b286670f86d5/allow-some-of-user-to-outlook-web-access-from-external-but-allow-all-to-owa-internally?forum=exchange2010

Regards,

Lynn-Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:37 AM
  • Hi, Shakir

Are the suggestions above helpful for you? If you need further help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 2:07 AM