Windows 7 and Photoshop CS3 compatibility problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried installing my Adobe CS3 Creative Suite which includes PS CS3 as well as a number of other Adobe programs without success on my new HP 64 bit (AMD) computer with Windows 7 without any luck.  Adobe says that it is not there problem, Hp says that it is a software problem and I have seen that others that seem to be having similar problems.  I have over a $1K invested in the package.  I has worked on my old XP and Vista computers in the past without any problems.  Any suggestions?
    Friday, January 7, 2011 2:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, this issue did not occur in your old computers; please try to install this application in compatibility mode for test:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Meanwhile, I would like to share the following link with you; hopefully it can be helpful to you:

CS3 compatibility

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, January 17, 2011 7:32 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, this issue did not occur in your old computers; please try to install this application in compatibility mode for test:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Meanwhile, I would like to share the following link with you; hopefully it can be helpful to you:

CS3 compatibility

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, January 17, 2011 7:32 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 9:40 AM
  • hi sodamiser

i am having the EXACT same problem with my Adobe CS3 Creative Suite. I have a HP 64 bit computer with Windows 7, and although some of the software opens, photoshop doesn't and i get an error message when it's half loaded saying 'Adobe Photoshop has stopped working'.

Did you find the solution to your problem?

I would be grateful for any help,

thanks

Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:56 AM