none
Attaching Production Server Fails RRS feed

• Question

• (previously posted on the user group, this is the entire conversation thus far.)

Also, here's the error:

PS C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin> Attach-ProductionServer.ps1
    DPMServer:: tmadpm01
    PSName:: obiee
    UserName:: ntadmin
    Password:: *****************
    Domain:: tmant
    There is failure while attaching production server
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 :
    Exception of type 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.W
    riteErrorException' was thrown.
    At line:1 char:27
    + Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 <<<<

PS C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin>

"Venkata Praveen Borra[MSFT]" wrote:

> Please paste the complete error message displayed while attaching. Also
    > ensure DCOM test utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259011 is working
    > fine between DPM and client.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks
    > Venkata Praveen[MSFT]
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    >
    >
    > "xadrian" <xadrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:F17C43F7-2706-4003-A050-7B6A7AB62A6F@microsoft.com...
    > > In PowerShell doing the second part of the manual agent install and I
    > > receive
    > > this message when doing the Attach Server section.
    > >
    > > C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 :
    > > Exception of type 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException' was
    > > thrown.
    > >
    > > I did not give the FQDN in the prompts.  Firewalls are turned off on both
    > > server and client machine.  File and Print Sharing is enabled on the
    > > network
    > > interfaces.  What am I missing.
    > >
    > > Please phrase your response in a way a semi intelligent cactus could
    > > understand it.  Thank you.

• Moved by Praveen D [MSFT] Monday, July 19, 2010 7:17 AM Moving to DPM Setup Forum (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:49 AM

All replies

• Instead of the PowerShell script, did you try DPMAgentInstaller_x64.exe DPM1, where DPM1 is the NetBIOS name of your DPM server? 
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:49 PM
  • Please look at the DPMCLICurr.errlog file in <DPM Installation path>\Temp for the details of the error.

Thanks
    Vinay Tibrewal [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:24 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

In my case, installing agent on Windows Server 2003 (x32 and x64) only this command don't work. In agent tab in DPM I see only refresh button from agent already exist.

I run DPMAgentInstaller_Win2k3_AMD64.exe "DPMSERVER". After I run Install Agent from button on Agent Tab and select Attach. Inform server name of 2k3 server with DPM Agent preinstalled and server sucessifuly attached on DPM Server.

Thanks for help.

Edmilson Neves

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:50 PM