none
Edits will not be saved. Any Edits made to the enterprise global template items are only available during this session. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting a pop-up message(Edits will not be saved. Any Edits made to the enterprise global template items are only available during this session.Make edits in checked-out enterprise global template to make them available for all users of this project server) when trying to insert a new column in the Gannt Chart View.

Due to this what all are the columns that inserted in the project plan, will be lost when open the project in the next time.

I have opened the Enterprise Global Template and cross checked for Gaant Chart view it is showing the table as "Entry" only.

The requirement is what all columns are required for the project plan, manager will insert in the project first time. Next time on-wards it needs to be display the columns when opened the project from server by default.

We are unable to reproduce this issue in our Dev Envt.

Could anyone of you please help me.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Venkat

Monday, January 19, 2015 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Venkat,

I suggest to remove Gantt Chart view and Entry table from Eglobal. These are default views from client and it is highly recommended to not use them in Enterprise Global.

Whatever a user ist doing on a view or table which is included in Enterprise Global will be reset on next open - therefore you receive this message.

If you need some server wide defined views and tables, create them. But remove Gantt Chart and Entry.

Does that help?
    Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Monday, January 19, 2015 12:23 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks for quick reply.

We are not facing any issues with 4 instances, it's happening only with one instance where as all the Instances are using the same View(Gannt Chart) and table(Entry).

Could you please help us  why is it happening for only one instance. Did we miss any settings option ?

Regards,

Venkat

Monday, January 19, 2015 12:30 PM
  • Hi Venkat,

are view Gantt Chart and table Entry added to Enterprise Global in all four instances? And are you applying this view and table in all four instances when adding a column? From my experience, in all 4 instances you should get the warning "Edits will not be saved ..." when doing so. That is just a standard message when modifying a table/view, which is defined in EGlobal.

Could you re-check?

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Monday, January 19, 2015 3:52 PM
  • Permissions help manage this. Make sure that you have ADMIN role.

Also, check your browser.   Turn off the "Protected Mode"

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:21 PM