why we have to Change the local drafts check out in word,powerpoint or Excel RRS feed

• Question

• whats the logic behind changing the check out files local drafts location in word, powerpoint or in Excel. When we change only in Word how is that applicable to all the files (like .ppt, .png, .docx, .pdf etc). Is there any other option to change local drafts location in the central admin or in any of the SharePoint site. Thanks in advance..
    Friday, January 4, 2013 6:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Here's what the process when you select the Use my local drafts folder check box:

1. When you check out the file, it will be stored in a folder on your computer. It is checked out to My Documents\My SharePoint Drafts.This can be very handy when you use a laptop. You can work with the file as you travel — even if you do not have an Internet connection to the library.

2. When you edit and save the file, your changes will get saved to your Drafts folder, and not to the library. Furthermore, you'll notice that saving the file will be much faster, because you're not saving it through an Internet connection.

3. When you check in the file, others will then see your changes. And uploaded to sharepoint library.

See this for you ref:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-sharepoint-services-help/sharepoint-document-libraries-ii-all-about-checkout-RZ010234545.aspx?section=5

Let us know if you have any doubt

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:39 AM