Credentials problem with AppVSequencerUser account created by New-AppVSequencerVM RRS feed

• Question

• I am running New-AppVSequencerVM to provision a new Windows 10 Enterprise (1703) x64 VM.  My host system is Windows 10 Enterprise (1809) x64 and I am using the latest adksetup (10.0.17763.1) The VM is properly provisioned when I run New-AppVSequencerVM and the account is created on the VM but something appears to be wrong with the credentials.  I see the following errors in the log:

[AppVSequencerVM] Connecting to remote server AppVSequencerVM failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    [AppVSequencerVM] Connecting to remote server AppVSequencerVM failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    [AppVSequencerVM] Connecting to remote server AppVSequencerVM failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

I have also extracted the password from the file in which it is stored on the host machine and unencrypted it and attempted to login with that password directly and it does not work.  I have even edited the New-AppVSequencerVM script and manually set the password to a known value which I can then decrypt and verify.  I am still unable to login directly with that password.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks - Greg

• Edited by Gregory Prosch Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:32 PM Corrected a bad sentence.
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:15 PM

All replies