Problems with Vista and WMP 11 (DRM?) RRS feed

• Question

• My computer came with Vista/WMP 11 installed out of the box. I am NOT able to play any purchased downloaded content (such as from URGE). It simply states the file cannot be opened or something. There is no error code. I can play all other media brought over from my previous computer. It sounds like some kind of DRM issue however I am at a total loss as to how to fix it. No one I call (verious technical support people) knows what to do either.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    Monday, February 26, 2007 7:45 PM

All replies

• i have the same problem as you, i have downloaded divx codecs but that did not help. i can't find any help with this yet, when i do i'll update this thread.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:28 AM
  • My WMP 11 continues to NOT work. iTunes on the other hand worked flawlessly from the get go with purchased content. Isn't that interesting that Apple's software works great on Vista while Microsoft's own product does NOT.  Until they get this fixed, I will not be buying any purchased content from anyone other than iTunes (are you listening URGE, Napster, eMusic, etc.?)  I will also not waste my money on the Zune (are YOU listening Microsoft?)  A lot of people will be losing money so I hope they're listening.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:59 AM
  • For what it's worth, I was able to download and play from eMusic. This is obviously because eMusic downloads in unprotected MP3 format. Everything works with unlimited burning.  The selections aren't nearly as good as other music services but at least it works. URGE, Napster, ZUNE, should take the HINT!!!
    Friday, March 16, 2007 10:28 PM