none
Winsdows 10

Question

• When I install windows 10 flash drive and try boot up after install it gives me black screen
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:38 PM

All replies

• Troubleshoot black screen problems

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:34 AM
  • Hi Jimmy Boyett,

If we have installed the Windows 10 and get a black screen, firstly, we need unplug all external devices. Then we could try Safe Mode to enter the Windows system and update the display driver to check.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you still can’t enter Safe Mode and get stuck in the black screen, the only thing we can do is to boot your computer from the installation CD or DVD or USB flash drive, and then reinstall Windows 10.

Some users posted that disabling fast startup help to solve the black screen on Windows 10. You can have a try.

1. Go to Control Panel, select Power options, and click on "Choose what the power button does" (located in the left pane).

2. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".

3. Unmark the checkbox "Turn on fast startup".

If you are using a laptop, unplug your computer and take out of the battery. Then hold on and wait for a little while. Put the battery back in the computer, plug it and restart your computer.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:10 AM
  • Hi Jimmy Boyett,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi Jimmy Boyett,

Any update?

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:29 AM