Permissions for exporting data sheets from sharepoint to excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the exportation of data sheets to excel  (I.e. clicking list and export to excel) when one of the users exports the sheet to excel, its asking the user to sign in, and then tells them to input an organisation username and password and does not allow them to login. Yet when I do the exact same thing from my machine it does not ask for a login to see the sheet.

is this a user end issue (i.e. permissions) or a client side problem (i.e. their version of excel, browser issue etc)?

Many thanks in advance!

Monday, February 29, 2016 4:59 PM

Answers

• Awroe89

This could be related to several things.  Here are a few:

• SharePoint problem with Excel patch KB3055034: a patch introduced October 2015 caused a problem with opening Office documents situated in SharePoint 2013 document libraries.  This was eventually resolved with with the December 2015 CU.
    • Website and document library permissions: First, check the permission configuration thread from website to document - is it all inherited?  No unique permissions anywhere?  Second, verify that the user has at least the Read permission level from website to the document.  
    • Browser Security:  what browser type is the user using? IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.  Check each browser type.  Then check each browser type security settings: did the user add the website URL to a restricted group?  Did the user configure custom browser security settings to the URL?  Also, have the user login and connect to the website and the document from a different machine: does the problem persist?
    Monday, February 29, 2016 5:15 PM