Insert screenshot function either shows black thumbnail or nothing RRS feed

• Question

• When I am in Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc. and I go to Insert > Screenshot, I don't see the screen I am wanting to insert.  This feature used to work not that long ago.  It only started to happen a week ago.  The screen I want to capture is not minimized. And it seems to only happen to Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (though I do not use Edge anyway).  I know I can use the Snipping Tool but the problem is, I do a bunch of screenshots in a single hour that Snipping Tool gets tedious. I know I can do Alt+PrtScn but when I paste to my powerpoint document it does not size to fit, I have to resize it manually. "Screenclipping" works but I need the whole screen.

Is there a registry that needs to be edited or maybe an update happened that caused this?  A coworker of mine started having the same issue shortly after I was experiencing it.

I would appreciate any helpful answers to getting insert screenshot to work.

Monday, May 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In Word, if we click Insert -> Screenshot, we should see the preview of some windows(Available Windows), do you mean now you can't see these?

If yes, please try a repair of Office from Control Panel -> Programs and Features to try again.

If the issue persists, please let me know your Word version and the detailed build number from FILE -> Account -> About Word.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:18 AM