Data from Request Offering into Email Notfications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to get a user input data from Request Offering into an email template in SCSM?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Maybe this blog post is helpful: Using Data Properties From the Parent Work Items in Activity Email Templates

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by Stoyan ChalakovMVP Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:44 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Harpreet25 Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:13 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:34 PM
  • Hi there,

Maybe you can use this approach as well.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hi there

You can use orchestrator for this process. After you can send related user input and all request filed with send email activity on orchestrator.

Check the link below,

https://helshabini.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/scorch-2012-how-to-get-service-request-user-input-from-scsm-2012/

Fırat

• Edited by Firat YASAR Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Harpreet25 Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:22 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:42 PM
  • Hi Andreas,

That Blog post explain getting parent work items into an activity email template. I tried using the same instructions, to get the User input from request offering of a Service Request, into my activity email template. But It does not work as expected as there is no request offering fields to select by this method.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:13 AM
  • UserInput is a property (field) of Service Request class.

Cheers,
    Marat

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:38 AM
  • ok. So this tells how we can get the user answers into an action log. But when we create an email template, how do we get this information into the template?

What exactly I am doing is, when a user submits a service request via the portal, I need to get one of the user's input embedded into the activity email notification going out to manager. I can get the parent information of a service request but not been able to get the information that goes into the user input section of a Service Request.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:21 AM
  • I'd modify the workflow's script to copy the normalized user input to some activity's unused text filed. Then I'd create a new workflow, that send a notification when this field is updated. Something like that.

Cheers,
    Marat

• Marked as answer by Harpreet25 Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:22 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:27 AM