curlylox1 RRS feed

• Question

• trying to install Samsung blue ray player. firewall will not allow setup. what to do?
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:32 PM

Answers

• What is the exact model of your Samsung blu-ray player?

What do you have to install?

I installed a blu-ray optical drive in my Windows 7 system and there was nothing special required.  It was recognized by Windows and it plays blu-ray discs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:51 PM
  • Hi curlylox1,

Have you try change Firewall program access? Please refer to the link below to follow the steps.

http://www.guidingtech.com/11309/block-or-allow-a-program-in-windows-7-firewall/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If we disable the firewall, the blue ray player could work fine.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:41 AM

All replies

• How do you know the firewall is obstructing? Any error messages?

Best regards, George

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:53 PM
  • What is the exact model of your Samsung blu-ray player?

What do you have to install?

I installed a blu-ray optical drive in my Windows 7 system and there was nothing special required.  It was recognized by Windows and it plays blu-ray discs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:51 PM
  • Hi curlylox1,

Have you try change Firewall program access? Please refer to the link below to follow the steps.

http://www.guidingtech.com/11309/block-or-allow-a-program-in-windows-7-firewall/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If we disable the firewall, the blue ray player could work fine.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:41 AM