IE9 Package with all patches RRS feed

• Question

• I need to deploy IE9 (10, 11 also) to some remote locations that have very slow links.  The plan is to ship them USB Thumb drives.  I don't want them to have to download patches/updates because the links in these locations are too slow.  Is there a way to create some sort of package that contains the browswer install and patches all together?  Requiring only one reboot would be ideal. 

Thanks,

John

Friday, April 24, 2015 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

I think its all or nothing (Turtles all the way down).

Do the desperate branches have their own local file servers?

You could send the thumbnail image and have them copy it to the file server for them to refresh their local client images.

Rob^_^

<aside>the past few years has seen connection costs drop as rapidly as speeds have increased. Your ISP won't automatically put you on to a speedier plan unless you ask</aside>
    Monday, May 4, 2015 3:10 AM

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Roger Lu Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:49 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 2:17 AM
  • That link is to deploy OS, I just want to upgrade Internet Explorer not re-install the operating system.
    Friday, May 1, 2015 4:51 PM
  • Hi John,

I think its all or nothing (Turtles all the way down).

Do the desperate branches have their own local file servers?

You could send the thumbnail image and have them copy it to the file server for them to refresh their local client images.

Rob^_^

<aside>the past few years has seen connection costs drop as rapidly as speeds have increased. Your ISP won't automatically put you on to a speedier plan unless you ask</aside>
    Monday, May 4, 2015 3:10 AM