Where do the Management Pack Files go once you import them RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Hopefully this is a simple question, I may just be missing some thing obvious

I have SCOM 2007 R2

When I download and run the MSI to unpack he MP, I understand where it extract the files. I then go to SCOM Console and Import the MP, not problems so far.

However I would expect the MP import process to also place a copy of the MP in the "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007" folder. However on several occasion when I have needed to point/find a Management Pack for various reasons, the MP or MPs do not appear to be in this folder. I guess I could always go back to the location where the MP is extracted from the MSI and reference them there. However I thought they should all reside in the "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007" folder as a matter of course.

Any advice, most welcome please

Thanks

AanotherUser

Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:18 PM

Answers

• when you imported management pack into your scom environment, the management pack information is stored into scom DB. It DOES NOT save any copies on your local machine.

Roger

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi AanotherUser,

It depends on a management pack, some of them place a copy of .mp files to C: drive, some don't.

Useful link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/7d856549-0be8-4781-9e2b-3fea82c2e377/default-install-location-for-opsmgr-2012-sp1-management-packs?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

Natalya

Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:22 PM
  • when you imported management pack into your scom environment, the management pack information is stored into scom DB. It DOES NOT save any copies on your local machine.

Roger

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:43 AM
  • When you import MP manual and install msi, By default it' s extract files on "C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs".

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click (Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click (Mark As Answer).

• Edited by Mai AliMVP Monday, February 10, 2014 12:13 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 12:13 PM
  • Thanks again every one for your answers, it's nick to now people are out there to help :)

For some reason I do not get an email telling  me someone has responded to my post so I can go check, I will look into this, but if there is a known issue here please let me know.

Thank you

AAnotheruser

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:26 AM
  • to get an alert for every reply on your post.

register the ID you use to log in and then on whatever thread you are interested in knowing when replied to , Click on "Alert Me" generally available at the beginning or end of the post.

Thanks, S K Agrawal

Friday, February 21, 2014 5:30 AM
  • The Management Packs are not stored locally on the RMS/MS machines. they get stored in DB.

however you can find them on agents under c:\program files\system center operations manager\Agent\health service state\management packs.

Thanks, S K Agrawal

Friday, February 21, 2014 5:31 AM