Changing security messages within Action Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Does any one knows how to turn off check boxes under security messages within Windows Action Center. Please don't mention about registry binary values. I have already tried and exhausted. Registry settings vary for every user and again vary from one domain to another domain practically new binary values every time user logs in to different system and different domain within same system. Many have posted with one fixed set of binary values that works only for that user who ever posted and that too only for that context where he logged in that moment.

Any quick help is really appreciated. I have a task to disable 6 messages under Security Messages within Action Center in Windows 8.1

Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Does any one knows how to turn off check boxes under security messages within Windows Action Center. Please don't mention about registry binary values. I have already tried and exhausted. Registry settings vary for every user and again vary from one domain to another domain practically new binary values every time user logs in to different system and different domain within same system. Many have posted with one fixed set of binary values that works only for that user who ever posted and that too only for that context where he logged in that moment.

Any quick help is really appreciated. I have a task to disable 6 messages under Security Messages within Action Center in Windows 8.1

• Merged by ZigZag3143x Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:46 AM Dup thread
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:31 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried this via GPP?

How to use Group Policy to turn off the Backup Notification in the Windows 7 Actions Center

http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2010/03/how-to-use-group-policy-to-turn-off-the-backup-notification-in-the-windows-7-actions-center/

Steps can also be used in Windows 8.1. You can see which option is corresponding to the registry key under Checksettings propertie.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, September 5, 2014 6:05 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:57 PM
  • Hi there

Is there a solution with registry key or not? as mentioned first, I struggled as well. Because I didn't find out until today that the binary value varies from user to user. 

Would be nice if there is a solution with a registry key.

looking forward hearing of you guys

thanks

Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:41 PM