Word opens some documents with blank screen, fix? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

one our user is having an issue where some Word documents will open but not be visible. It happends time to time it's not always. We also have sometimes problem when opening Word it load blank window. This happens with random documents. Closing them and reopening will normally allow them to open properly and be edited.

Have run the online repair, the offline repair and completely removed and re-installed office. We already tried reinstall the OS.

Windows 7 64bit, 4GB RAM, Office 365 2016 Bussiness (16.0.10325.20082 32bit version)

Monday, August 13, 2018 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Arkan,

It seems that the issue only happens to one user. And it occurs randomly and cannot be reproduced all the time.

If that is the case, I suggest you can try the following steps to narrow down the issue:

1. In Word 2016, click File > Options > Advanced, under Display, select the option "Disable hardware graphics acceleration".
    2. Go to File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click Go. Uncheck all selections to disable all COM add-ins. 
    3. Click OK to save the settings, and restart Word 2016 to open the problematic documents.

Any updates in your scenario, feel free to let us know the results.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:10 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:37 AM