View Draft and pending documents RRS feed

• Question

• On my document library everyone with edit permission can see Drafts and Pending. How can I limit this access to people who can only approve it? In versioning setting there is an option for 'Only users who can approve items' but how can I use that?

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may refer to this article:

https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Enable-and-configure-versioning-for-a-list-or-library-1555d642-23ee-446a-990a-bcab618c7a37

Quote from the above article:

Draft Item Security section   . Use this section to determine who should see drafts of items that are not yet approved.

Important    The set of options in this section are only available when the Content Approval section is set to Yes.

You can allow any user who has Read permissions to the list to view the drafts, or you can restrict the view to only those users who can edit items or to only the author of the item and the people who can approve items.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by IndulHassan Monday, April 13, 2015 2:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Sunday, April 19, 2015 7:55 AM
    Monday, April 13, 2015 8:59 AM