Users can't Sign-In RRS feed

• Question

• I enabled a new user on Lync 2013 STD, but the user can't sign-in, the same situation happen on all new Lync users.

Through my checking, I guess the issue is caused by Lync not connecting with SQL Server, because I get error when executing get-csuserdatabasestate. please see below capture.

How to fix this issue?

Thanks!

• Edited by bacikewang Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

Check if all Sql services are started. and also try to Restarted FE and check if issue resolves.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:21 PM
  • On completion of Raju's suggestions, please also rule out the obvious things, UAC, windows firewall etc.

As its a standard install its very difficult to get the SQL instance wrong at all. There were no issues publishing your topology and updating the Lync server components?

Kind regards
    Ben

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:44 PM
  • those acitions Raju gave had been completed, but issue still exists.

Publishing topology is also normal. also try to re-install server components.

So I not know how to fix the issue!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

see what are the events in the event viewer of the Front End server. post the events here.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:11 PM
  • I not found the value logs in the events, but I may get the information from OCS logger tool, please see below capture.
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:31 AM
  • Who may tell me how to do?

Thanks!

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Have you enabled Lync in Lync Control Panel or Lync PowerShell already?

Are the workstation domain joined?

Please try the following tips to check the issue.

1. Please also check if all services start (especially for FE service and SQL Server Database Service).

2. Please double check if the User Replicator Configuration correctly.

3. Try manual configuration on Lync client.

4. Please verify that the FQDN of SE server can be resolved:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398680.aspx

5. Check event viewer on workstations.

If the issue persists, you can refer to the link of “Can’t Sign In to Lync”:

http://jamesosw.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/cant-sign-in-to-lync/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Yes, i had enable Lync.

The workstation is not added to domain.

And i checked all given steps, they seem to be normal. so I guess the issue is caused by SQL.

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:26 AM
  • what are the events in the Front End server? is there any SQL related events popping up?

Monday, December 2, 2013 3:40 PM
  • In front end server, i not find any value information in the evernts. and also not any SQL related events. I will get above errors when running Get-CSUserDatabaseState.

• Edited by bacikewang Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Information u have provide is not enough..plz run Best Practices Analyzer for more info.

And since its its standard edition u should SQL express rit??

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35455

Praveen | MCSE Messaging 2003

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Sunday, December 8, 2013 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:26 PM