Running LiteTouch.wsf Does Nothing - Capturing v1809 Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I'm currently using MDT 8456 and I've created a Windows 10 v1809 image inside Virtualbox (as I usually do, up to v1803) and I've browsed to my \\DeploymentShare$\Scripts folder and I'm trying to run LiteTouch.wsf in order to select my Sysprep & Capture Task Sequence but nothing happens when I run it. It shows the loading animation (spinning circle) and I can see wscript.exe in Task Manager but the shell for the TS doesn't show up. I thought my MDT was broken somehow but I went back to my v1803 VM and that worked fine. 

I included some Logs here, hopefully that'll help. I'm hoping I don't have to rebuild this image and that someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:35 AM

Answers

• It works because that's where MDT stores the task sequence it was running. If something gets messed up, the next time you run MDT it will see that folder and try to continue where it left off. Deleting that folder let's it start anew. 

Daniel Vega

• Marked as answer by mr_bolton Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:15 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:56 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the logs, but they sadly don't help or make sense since they just repeat what the log location is.

Have you tried deleting the MININT folder and trying again?

Did you create the 1809 image using MDT? You have the 1809 ADK and WinPE installed on your deployment server?

Daniel Vega

Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:31 PM
  • Thanks for the  reply. That's what what I wanted to communicate re: the logs, they don't make any sense nor help me to understand the source of the error.

I will try deleting the MININT folder in a bit.

I created the 1809 VM manually and now I'm trying to capture it from the VM to create an 1809 image. I do have 1809 ADK and WinPE as they were a part of the upgrade procedure to MDT 8456.
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:30 PM
  • Thanks for the logs, but they sadly don't help or make sense since they just repeat what the log location is.

Have you tried deleting the MININT folder and trying again?

Did you create the 1809 image using MDT? You have the 1809 ADK and WinPE installed on your deployment server?

Daniel Vega

OK! So deleting the MININT folder seemed to have done the trick. Why does that even work? I'm lost. 
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:34 PM
  • It works because that's where MDT stores the task sequence it was running. If something gets messed up, the next time you run MDT it will see that folder and try to continue where it left off. Deleting that folder let's it start anew. 

Daniel Vega

• Marked as answer by mr_bolton Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:15 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:56 PM
  • Many thanks for the help.
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:16 PM