none
Anywhere Access crashes when adding Domain Name

General discussion

• Thanks in advance for you time and help

I have a 2012 r2 Essentials that run great for about 14 months.

about 3 weeks ago every time I rebooted the server when users tried to access "mycompany.remotewebaccess.com" they would get a certificate error. I would Run the repair option and everything was back to normal.

Last time the repair did not work so I released domain "mycompany.remotewebaccess.com".

I rebooted the server and tried to run again the "configure" option after "I want to set up a new domain" it gives an error "he domain name was not setup for your server. wait a few minutes and run the wizard again. an unknown erro occured. please wait a few minutes , and try again."

2 erros are generated VSS 8139 and .net 1026. Also the WBadmin stooped working so Backs cannot be run

VSS 8139

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine RegOpenKeyExW(-2147483646,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VSS\Diag,...).  hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.

Operation:
       Initializing Writer

Context:
       Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
       Writer Name: System Writer
       Writer Instance ID: {7dd74361-7915-4a43-9bf7-fcfc3d0d83ab}

.NET 1026

Application: SharedServiceHost.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: Microsoft.SnapIns.Backup.UI.Proxy.BlockLevelBackupException
       at Microsoft.SnapIns.Backup.UI.Proxy.HResultHelper.HRToException(Int32, System.String)
       at Microsoft.SnapIns.Backup.UI.Proxy.ManagedProxy.GetEngineInterface(IBlbEngine**)
       at Microsoft.SnapIns.Backup.UI.Proxy.ManagedProxy.GetSchedule(System.Collections.ArrayList)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.BlbProxy.PerformRetriableAction[[System.Guid, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Func`2<Microsoft.SnapIns.Backup.UI.Proxy.ManagedProxy,System.Guid>, System.String)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.BlbProxy.GetSchedule(System.Collections.ArrayList)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.ServerBackupWorker.GetScheduledBackupPolicy(System.Collections.ArrayList)

Exception Info: Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.ServerBackupLibException
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.ServerBackupWorker.GetScheduledBackupPolicy(System.Collections.ArrayList)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.ServerBackupWorker.GetBackupPolicyTargets()
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.Provider.ServerBackupDeviceStatus.StorageHelper_StorageConnectionChanged(System.Object, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.StorageConnectionChangedEventArg)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.DataProtection.ServerBackup.StorageHelper.sm_storageMgr_PropertyChanged(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs)
       at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.InOrderThreadPoolQueue._RunActions()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

• Edited by Jose Bello Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:52 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:25 PM

All replies