Remove Issuance Policy RRS feed

• Question

• Where are the issuance policies stored when you create them. I have looked in the AD and the registry but can not find them. Presumably they are in the CA database? If you make a typo when creating one then you can only edit the CPS location.

Thanks
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:53 PM

Answers

• Best bet is to view the OID\Public Key Services\Services\Configuration NC in ADSIEdit.msc
    What I have seen is that the last number in the OID is the first number in the object stored in this container.
    You can then view the correct OID looking at its DisplayName attribute. (in fact you can even change it here.
    Brian
    • Marked as answer by TechieBod Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:52 PM

All replies

• No, issuance policies are stored in the OID container in Active Directory. They're kind of hard to match up to anything specific given the seemingly random name generation format for OID objects.

Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:20 PM
  • Best bet is to view the OID\Public Key Services\Services\Configuration NC in ADSIEdit.msc
    What I have seen is that the last number in the OID is the first number in the object stored in this container.
    You can then view the correct OID looking at its DisplayName attribute. (in fact you can even change it here.
    Brian
    • Marked as answer by TechieBod Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:52 PM