SCCM Site Roles are not installing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Recently from Monday this week I am seeing issues which is very much weird and I am currently out of ideas how to fix this.

Last Friday when I left everything was working fine all roles were installing and every component was working. When I returned on Monday I tried to install DP role first for 5 servers, i waited and waited and waited but the role never got installed. I checked logs no red lines, i checked components no red components, i checked DB connection no connection issues. Then i tried to install some other role like FSP that too failed. So i came at conclusion no roles are getting pushed from SCCM to any of the new servers. Checked ports, firewall and antivirus no issues with them too.

the one strangest thing which I found was when I ran exec spdiagDRS at my SQL the site status is showing INACTIVE. I have one and only standalone primary site. Site Data status is Null.

I have checked WMI and found that tables are getting updated with server roles and site details but DBMON is not handing over the task to HMAN to move role installation further. 

Now I am completely blank and out of ideas how to fix this. The last option I am seeing now to raise a ticket with Microsoft. But any help or ideas before that, I will surely appreciate.

Devraj88

Friday, March 22, 2019 10:28 AM

Answers

• Well, It seems that my SMSDBMON component was too busy completing other jobs that it was not processing DP site role Installation. Once the job queue was cleared everything worked smooth.

Collection evaluation and Content Validation were the culprits who were making DBMon too much busy to process other things.

Devraj88

Monday, April 1, 2019 10:37 AM

All replies

•  exec spdiagDRS at my SQL the site status is showing INACTIVE

If you only have a single primary site then this is expected as there's no replication set up.

Have you reviewed sitecomp.log and distmgr.log (distmgr for DP installation and sitecomp for all other roles)?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, March 22, 2019 8:36 PM
  • exec spDiagdrs yes I realized that yesterday checking other environment.

distmgr.log doesnt even have any entry of the DP. Installation is not even triggering. sitecomp.log only has error for intune which is not configured other than that everything is fine.

Devraj88

Saturday, March 23, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hello,

Could you share or check Sitecomp.log (It Records details about the maintenance of the installed site components on all site system servers in the site)? 

Could you share the SCCM version as well? 

Refer to this article, hope it would be helpful: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/umairkhan/2014/03/24/configmgr-2012-drs-troubleshooting-faqs/

• Proposed as answer by vvravikiran Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:39 PM
    Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:30 PM
  • Are you sure that it hasn't just rolled over due to other site distribution activity? All DP activity including installation is always included in distmgr.log.

Have you remove the role in the console, waited 15 minutes, and then tried adding the role back to the system while also watching distmgr.log?

Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:55 PM
  • It Records details about the maintenance of the installed site components on all site system servers in the site

This is not the case for the DP role.

Also, the link you posted is for troubleshooting DRS which has nothing to do with DPs.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:56 PM
  • How about the status of the  distribution and components using the 

Component group of the ribbon, select Start, and then choose Configuration Manager Service Manager.

Its current status is started or stopping ?

Kamala kannan.c| Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” or Vote as Helpful if its helpful for you. |Disclaimer: This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights

• Proposed as answer by vvravikiran Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:39 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2019 1:09 AM
  • Well, It seems that my SMSDBMON component was too busy completing other jobs that it was not processing DP site role Installation. Once the job queue was cleared everything worked smooth.

Collection evaluation and Content Validation were the culprits who were making DBMon too much busy to process other things.

Devraj88

Monday, April 1, 2019 10:37 AM