none
Installation of KB 2910911 fix but still have the same issues with resources RRS feed

• Question

• We have install the patch kb2910911 or the April CU that fixes resource issue and project corruption. But when I run the script to identify afftected project plan it still get the same number of project affrected after we installed the patch. Am I missing something? or who can help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2933444 this is the site we start from and wher I got the scripts Please help

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you read carefully this post from Brian about this bug fix, he mentionned that "As with most fixes, this addresses the original problem but does not correct the downstream issues". Thus it is absolutely normal that the already corrupted projects are still corrupted. Try to restore an earlier version of the projects or simply fix manually the issues.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Bharat64 Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you read carefully this post from Brian about this bug fix, he mentionned that "As with most fixes, this addresses the original problem but does not correct the downstream issues". Thus it is absolutely normal that the already corrupted projects are still corrupted. Try to restore an earlier version of the projects or simply fix manually the issues.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Bharat64 Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

I had lots of fun with this issue. I would suggest checking if:

- the published version of the project plan is corrupted (you can try to open the published version and overwrite the draft)

- the archived versions may be corrupted as well! so try to update the script and run it against the archive in order to identify which version is not corrupted

- maybe the PMs have a local version of the project plan?

- for some projects we ended up with deleting the corrupted resources, doing an XML export/import and rebuilding the project plan

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:13 PM
  • Installation of the fix will only restrict any further occurrence of project corruptions. However to fix the issue for the projects which are already impacted I would suggest that you open a support case with Microsoft. We will check the environment and provide the best solution applicable.

Please refer the article: http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2014/02/06/project-server-2013-and-project-online-what-happened-to-my-resources.aspx

As mentioned in the article, "If you experience this then we can certainly help you if you open a support incident.  We do not charge for support incidents that are bugs – so you will either be refunded if you open a fixed cost incident, or you will not be decremented if this is a Premier incident."

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:01 AM