none
Do we need a Federated relationship between two different O365 tenants? RRS feed

• Question

• We have two different companies: company A and company B.  We also have SSO with PIV cards.   Company a and company b are separate O365 tenants.

Each company has its own ADFS servers so that their own administrators can access their own O365 tenant, however there is a need to share GALs(address books) between the company A and company B.   

Is it possible for the two different O365 tenants to share their (address books) GALs with each other without having a federated relationship between the different O365 tenants?   I heard there is a connector that can be configured between the two O365 tenants (different companies/tenants- company A and company B)?    Can you provide some additional information to include steps on setting up this connector.

dsk

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:47 AM

All replies

• >>Is it possible for the two different O365 tenants to share their (address books) GALs with each other without having a federated relationship between the different O365 tenants?

I am afraid not. The only workaround is to create contact objects in tenants which are then disconnected from the original user. And many users have submitted this request in UserVoice, we could vote for this:

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin/suggestions/10087845-gal-federation-between-different-o365-tenants

>>  I heard there is a connector that can be configured between the two O365 tenants (different companies/tenants- company A and company B)? 

Administrators create connectors to apply security to mail exchanges with a partner organization or service provider. The connectors enforce encryption via transport layer security (TLS) as well as allowing restrictions on domain names or IP address ranges your partners send email from. But this is not about GAL share.

We could refer to the following official document for more information:

Office 365 inter-tenant collaboration

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/office-365-inter-tenant-collaboration

• Proposed as answer by JayceYYY Monday, March 9, 2020 6:47 AM
    Friday, March 6, 2020 2:19 AM