the cursor RRS feed

• Question

• Why the cursor on my laptop suddenly jumping automatically anywhere in the screen sometimes?
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:16 PM

Answers

• Most of this kind of questions are caused by the mouse. You may not encounter this issue with another mouse.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:13 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:24 AM

All replies

• Could you be hovering parts of your hands too closely over parts of the trackpad?  Perhaps there's a sensitivity control somewhere.

Also, my son noticed that with his MacBook (no accounting for taste) having the computer in his lap the trackpad is reduced in sensitivity, while having it on a desk increases the sensitivity so much that what you describe happens too much and destroys one's ability to actually type.

I've always wondered why the trackpads are put under where your thumbs are when you're touch-typing.  It seems a bad location.

-Noel

Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:30 PM
  • Most of this kind of questions are caused by the mouse. You may not encounter this issue with another mouse.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:13 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:24 AM