Windows Movie Maker says I am already running the app when I'm not? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey! So last night around 2:00 am I got done with a video and so I had got done with it at 2. I saved my video, CLOSED out Windows Movie Maker, and went to bed. When I woke up this morning around 10:00 am I got on Windows Movie Maker to make sure my video was still there and when I tried to open the app or whatever It sayed "Another user is running Windows Movie Maker on this computer. Please close the other session of Windows Movie Maker before starting Windows Movie Maker again." And Yes I'm pretty sure I exited out of it that night. So do I need to Uninstall and then Reinstall or something? I mean It took me like 3 to 4 hours to make that video. It wasn't that hard but it took FOREVER to find pictures to go with it. SO, basically my question is, How do I get WMM back up and running if I cant "Close out the other session"? :/
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

With regards to the error message, we can end the process as a workaround:

Please launch Task Manager, go to the first tab at the top which says “Applications". If you can see a "Windows Movie Maker" program on it, click on it then press the button which says "End Task-".

If no task was found, please click on the next tab which says "Processes" Then find moviemk.exe, then click on it and press end process. Then it will give you a warning, clicked on yes.

You can export .mswmm project file as backup and import them after reinstalling WMM.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:32 AM