Error on PowerPivot Server Event ID RRS feed

• Question

• I set a auto refresh to one of my report and it failed to auto refresh it gives the error below: the error leading me to login to the Server I installed PowerPivot for SharePoint as farm instillation. when I login to server I saw one Error and one Critical errors on event log. seems to something very serious is happing could any one help.

An error occurred during an attempt to establish a connection to the external data source. The following connections failed to refresh: PowerPivot Data

Error 1 : Event ID 6875

Error loading and running event receiver Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiActions in Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Additional information is below.

: <nativehr>0x80131904</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>

Critical 1 : Event ID 6398

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.UsageProcessingTimerJob (ID 4bac1254-b41b-4b4d-9a45-ce111df8e100) threw an exception. More information is included below.
    The data refresh job failed to update the PowerPivot workbook because the file was in use by user 'SHAREPOINT\system'

Thank you in advance !

erkindunya

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Data refresh is a built-in feature of PowerPivot for SharePoint, but using it requires that you run specific services and timer jobs in your SharePoint farm. Additional administrative steps, such as installing data providers and checking database permissions, are often required for data refresh to succeed. You should complete below steps:

1. Enable and Configure PowerPivot Data Refresh (Analysis Services)
    2. Configure the PowerPivot Unattended Data Refresh Account
    3. Configure Stored Credentials for PowerPivot Data Refresh 
    4. Configure Stored Credentials for PowerPivot Data Refresh 

For more detail information, please see:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210679.aspx 

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:26 AM
  • Hi Challen Fu,

Thank you very much for the help, the URL you provide is very good is there any short, effective, simple documentation? today I am reciving more than 105 a day error image  error code 10016, DistributedCOM

error text: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} and APPID {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} to the user Domain\SPFarmAdmin SID (S-xyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Thanks in Advance

erkindunya

Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:07 PM