MS Office 2010, Trying merge files to a Word Merge Doc RRS feed

• Question

• I have attachment-two new computers have ms office 2010 installed. 

I use an application that merges data to a word document. The application would open the Word Document an insert the information from the Database Application. The appliation would call winword.exe before. With MS Word 2010 I will see winword.exe appears in task manager processes, the application is actually launched by the MS Office Client Virtualization Handler (as are all MS Office apps).  The path to the exe is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Virtualization Handler\CVH.EXE" "Microsoft Word 2010 9014006204090000".

I believe word is not working for word merge due to no existence of an actual winword.exe file. Any suggestions on do we need to have the application call CVH.exe instead of winword.exe?

FFalcon1961
    • Moved by Sally Tang Friday, July 30, 2010 8:42 AM (From:Outlook IT Pro Discussions)
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers

• I believe the main problem is because it appears you have the click-to-run version installed.  This means that winword.exe is actually not installed for those versions by design as click-to-run runs Office applications virtually. 

That said, I imagine you downloaded a trial or beta version to test this in 2010 and ran into this problem.

Click-to-run versions of Office come with trial, beta, Starter Editions of Office, Office Home & Student 2010 and for Office Home & Business 2010 when you download directly from Microsoft.

Click-to-run is only available as download not with a disk. Therefore the retail version of office is a perpetual version of office suite with normal installation.

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Wednesday, August 4, 2010 6:54 AM
    Friday, July 30, 2010 4:47 PM