none
Bitlocker RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a surface pro4, bitlocker encrypted both the c: drive and the 200gb sd card I use for storage. I got frustrated and re-installed the windows 10. Now I am not able to unlock the sd card with my password or the bitlocker 48 character code in my windows account. Says the bit locker code does not match the device.

I cannot loose the data in my card, what are my options?

Bala

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:57 AM

All replies

• Have you fully updated the new install? i.e. installed Window updates? Seen a couple of posts where different updates caused this issue.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried manage –bde tools? If not please try it.

You can try to unlock a BitLocker-protected drive by using a recovery password or a recovery key.

The following example illustrates using the -unlock command to unlock drive E with a recovery key file that has been saved to a backup folder on another drive.

manage-bde –unlock E: -recoverykey "F:\Backupkeys\recoverykey.bek"

For more information, please refer to the link:

Manage-bde: unlock

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff829854(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Yes, sounds like you didn't reinstall win10 in the same  (or higher) version that you used when you encrypted.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:18 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 7:24 AM