MDT 2013 U2 - no c:\drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When the deployment reach "desktop" phase i have connection error - no ethernet driver.

after reading logs a think that ZTIdrivers dont probe for hardware ID and dont copy drivers to c:\drivers (i think). 

my logs https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByMSSj2D--v6bU81aTZLUmVkZFk?usp=sharing

What do You think about that?

Monday, September 19, 2016 12:01 PM

Answers

• Heh i've resolved my issue - that "double space" was it. Name of the folder in task sequence in drivergroup was wrong. 

• Marked as answer by mielczarek_m Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:31 AM
    • Edited by mielczarek_m Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:31 AM

All replies

• How do you have your drivers setup in MDT. If your drivers are present in MDT under OOB node then you must have other driver configuration incorrectly setup. Are you using Total Control? I am sure the ZTIdrivers file is fine

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, September 19, 2016 3:09 PM
  • I am using Total Control method ( screenshot shows that). If i configured something wrong, than what is it?
    Monday, September 19, 2016 7:11 PM
  • Hello mielczarek_m,

I do see that the drivers group is being set to this in your BDD.log:

"Setting variable DriverGroup001 to value Windows 10  x64\Dell Inc.\OptiPlex 7040"

I do not see any drivers being picked up in the log file.

Can you double check that you have this exact folder structure and spelling in your OOB Drivers folder? I cannot see them expanded in your screenshot. Also check to make sure the proper drivers are imported in the "OptiPlex 7040" folder.

Also, what does your Inject Drivers task sequence step look like? It is a few steps after the Set Drivers Path.

Regards,

DLofstedt

Monday, September 19, 2016 11:46 PM
  • I've added inject driver and oob screenshot.

What's strange that in the log there is "Setting variable DriverGroup001 to value Windows 10  x64\Dell Inc.\OptiPlex 7040" with double space in "Windows 10**x64" folder name but in MDT it's only with one... Why in the log there is double space?

• Edited by mielczarek_m Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:02 AM
  • Heh i've resolved my issue - that "double space" was it. Name of the folder in task sequence in drivergroup was wrong. 

• Marked as answer by mielczarek_m Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:31 AM
    • Edited by mielczarek_m Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:31 AM