DVD autorun problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

First let me apologise if i've got the wrong thread. A PC I built for a customer awhile ago they have just purchased Football Manager 2009 by Sega but it wont autorun and install from DVD also I tried opening the Disk but cannot see any files on the DVD but IF I put a CD in the drive I can open the disk and see files on the disk.  I also tried attaching a USB DVD drive and had the same problem seeing files on the DVD.

The PC is running Vista updated with SP1, AMD AM2 5000, 1 Gigabyte Ram, MSI Motherboard, SATA DVD Drive & Kaspersky I.S. 2009.  I have gone through Kaspersky to make sure it has not blocked the autorun.

Please can someone help me or point me in the right direction.

Edward Donnelly

E & S Computers UK.
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:41 PM

All replies

• This isn't Vista related - I was having the same issue and when I noticed your post mentioned Kaspersky, I decided to 'pause protection', insert the dvd again and autorun came up within seconds.

I've left Kaspersky paused for the duration of the installation but that probably isn't necessary once the autorun prompt has been clicked??

Enjoy!

Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:45 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for that will try Kaspersky, what about Vista's "Do you want this program to run" questionaire I was thinking maybe the customer may of also said no it allowing the program to run where is the option to ask again, if you get my meaning!!!

I haven't really had a chance to get to know Vista as well as I would like too what with being a small sole trader.

Eddie

Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:40 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem with the same game.I've tried it on a friends desktop and it runs perfectly.The drive is endlessly searching the disc, presumably for the autorun thingy.It works fine on every other disc.Baffled, annoyed, disappointed.Been after this game for a while now.
    Ps. I'm not running kaspersky
    ps. Can vista operate in xp mode? Seems worth a try
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 8:05 PM