none
Showing total work in My Tasks Page (Project Server 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to insert a row in My assignments view (in Tasks page) which shows total work submitted for that day?

In the Timesheet page the Total Work row was already there but I don't know how to copy that into the Tasks page. We are using single entry mode and we want users to submit actual work using the Tasks page because it will be easier for them.

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:59 PM

Answers

• E_FG --

If there were a way to customize the Tasks web part according to your specifications, I would have told you so.  This limitation is why msProjectExperts created the Power Totals tool.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by E_FG Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• E_FG --

Our friends at msProjectExperts have a solution to your problem:

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 3, 2013 9:46 PM
  • Thank you Dale. That solves my problem, right, but it also offers a lot more functionalities we don't need.

Is there any other way to customize the default Tasks web-part to display totals?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:41 AM
  • E_FG --

If there were a way to customize the Tasks web part according to your specifications, I would have told you so.  This limitation is why msProjectExperts created the Power Totals tool.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by E_FG Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Hi Dale,

Sorry to bring this up again but do you know if this issue (Totals in Tasks web part) is solved in Project Server 2013?

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:39 AM