does this issue have anything to do with why i am not getting wireless internet RRS feed

• Question

• im wondering if this problem is the reason why i am not getting wireless internet

Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm that if there is any error encountered when trying to connect with the wireless internet.

please bypass the router and connect to cable modem directly with wire for a test.

Please temporarily turn off firewall on the machine and router (If it has) and test the issue in Clean Boot.

Also, please restart the computer to Safe Mode with Networking to check the result.

Configure the connection to obtain an IP address automatically

=======================================

a. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".

b. Right-click the network connection and click "Properties".

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click "Properties".

d. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

e. Click "OK".

f. Click to highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties".

g. Check "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

h. Click "OK".

i. Reboot the computer.

What's the result now?

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:06 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 3:46 AM