Download Components for 6.2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having trouble with our 6.2 PAS install.  I've added Web Professional 6.2 to the Download Components section and given roles/users permissions but when I browse to the PAS server via a client PC (XP SP2, I.E 6) and try and download Web Pro 6.2, I.E. will give me an error stating "Web page cannot be found".

I've looked at IIS permissions, folder permissions, PAS permissions but I can't seem to figure out what could be wrong.

Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this problem?

Many thanks

Andy
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Check the ISAPI Filter on your Default website.  You should see a PHttpFilter listed, if not you'll need to add it.  If you do indeed need to add the filter, it can be found under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ProClarity\Server.  If that doesn't help please let us know.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:16 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

I've checked this and we do have PHttpFilter listed in the ISAPI tab on the default website.  Still no joy being able to download though.

Thanks

Andy
    Monday, January 5, 2009 11:03 AM
  • When you get that "page cannot be found" message, what's the URL it's trying to navigate to?  With your knowledge of the environment, does that URL seem to be correct?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:34 PM
  • Andy,

Can you try adding the PAS url as a trusted site before attempting the download?  Also, can you disable any pop-up blockers that may be installed on the client? 

Thanks,
    Amanda
    Friday, January 9, 2009 7:02 PM
  • Yes the URL looks to be pointing to the correct place.  I'm checking the trusted sites now...
    Monday, January 12, 2009 12:28 PM
  • I've checked trusted sites and it was added, I removed and added again on server and client but still no luck.  No pop-up blockers are installed.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:05 PM
  • Strange...if you go in to check on the properties of the Web Pro install component in the admin tool, do all the properties appear correctly?  Does this happen from all the clients?

Monday, January 12, 2009 11:42 PM
  • I've checked the properties and all look OK.  It happens on all the clients
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:06 PM
  • Silly question, but I see the ISAPI filter is running on the default website...is PAS also running on that website?  If so, I'd suggest deleting the component and publishing again.  If you still have the same problem, try deleting and re-adding the ISAPI filter.  If still no go, will you please post the relevant entries from the IIS log when you get this message?
    Monday, January 26, 2009 10:33 PM