Eror Msg: The application has failed to start... RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever my user tries to open an application, the following message appears:  "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."  It doesn't matter what application they try to open, they get the same error message.  The system boots up, and shows that it is connected to the network.  However, the system is VERY sluggish.

I have scanned the computer for any virus using malwarebytes & superantispyware.  Nothing was found.

I have booted the computer in safe mode.  The system is slightly more responsive (for example, I click on ths start button and get a response), however I still get the same error messages when trying to open any application.

I have tried several system restores to previous dates.  Unfortunately, they all have failed.

Google searches imply the problem might be related to Microsoft .net   Is this possible?  Should I uninstall all the .net's and reinstall them?

The system is running XP Professional, SP3, 32 bit.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you may be able to provide!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:27 AM

All replies

• unistall and reinstall the .net framework. If still the issue persists then repair the windows XP installation.

Regards, h9ck3r.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:33 PM