none
WIndow 10 - edge browser RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated to Window 10 last month. The edge browser was working with some problems. After applying the last monthly routine Windows Software  update [Oct 2015]. The Microsoft Edge Browser stopped working. That is I double click on the Edge browser Icon , there is no reaction at. Please advice what are the available ways to restore the Edge browser function. Thank you.
    Sunday, October 25, 2015 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please tell me what the updates you installed cause the issue? Before we know that, I suggest you can create a new account to test the issue.

If it works fine in another account, you can delete the files below in the issued account.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Then copy the same file from the new account to the issued one.

If it doesn’t work, you need to use Powershell command below to re-register the configuration file.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}  

If the steps above failed, you can uninstall the updates or perform system restore to let the PC back to the normal point and then prevent apply this update temporarily by referring the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope that can help you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell me what the updates you installed cause the issue? Before we know that, I suggest you can create a new account to test the issue.

If it works fine in another account, you can delete the files below in the issued account.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Then copy the same file from the new account to the issued one.

If it doesn’t work, you need to use Powershell command below to re-register the configuration file.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}  

If the steps above failed, you can uninstall the updates or perform system restore to let the PC back to the normal point and then prevent apply this update temporarily by referring the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope that can help you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:31 AM
  • "Could you please tell me what the updates you installed cause the issue?"

Poor reply, who knows what updates MS has forced on us every few days.  Last week, and for 10 weeks previously, I could open .pdf files with Foxit, now it's Edge every time and I have to reset that default every day!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:46 PM