SEFAUil has stopped working in the last few weeks after being used successfully for years RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

At some point in the last few weeks, SEFAUtil has simply stopped returning data. I have been using it for years successfully, but for some inexplicable reason, it is no longer returning data.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what is the fix?

Thanks

Kev

Monday, June 10, 2019 2:02 AM

Answers

• Hi KevDrummond,

Is there anything changed on the server side?

Could it work on other trusted machines?

In my understanding, to use SEFAUil tool, it should prepare the server, create a new trusted application pool in Lync environment, please check the server you used is in this pool.

Run “get-cstrustedapplicationpool -identity <poolname>” and “get-cstrustedapplicationcomputer” to do a check.

And try to run the commands as administrator.

In addition, I found a related case: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/af5f8020-f10f-4655-98c4-956017f7e07b/sefautil-outputs-nothing?forum=ocsmanagement<o:p></o:p>

You may also review the SQL permission according this article: 

https://www.myskypelab.com/2014/04/sefautil-and-lync-2013-call-pickup.html

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 10, 2019 7:24 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 17, 2019 6:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by KevDrummond Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:22 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi KevDrummond,

Is there anything changed on the server side?

Could it work on other trusted machines?

In my understanding, to use SEFAUil tool, it should prepare the server, create a new trusted application pool in Lync environment, please check the server you used is in this pool.

Run “get-cstrustedapplicationpool -identity <poolname>” and “get-cstrustedapplicationcomputer” to do a check.

And try to run the commands as administrator.

In addition, I found a related case: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/af5f8020-f10f-4655-98c4-956017f7e07b/sefautil-outputs-nothing?forum=ocsmanagement<o:p></o:p>

You may also review the SQL permission according this article: 

https://www.myskypelab.com/2014/04/sefautil-and-lync-2013-call-pickup.html

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 10, 2019 7:24 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 17, 2019 6:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by KevDrummond Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:22 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 7:24 AM
  • Hi Shaw

Thanks for the reply, the computer is definitely in the trusted app pool and there haven't been any changes to the servers (at least that we know of!), however, I will go through the other two articles, hopefully something there will help out.

If I get the answer, I will let you know

Thanks

Monday, June 10, 2019 10:56 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, June 28, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hi Shaw

Thanks for replying, and apologies for not coming back, it turned out that another admin team had deleted the trusted application without our knowledge from the topology.

We reinstated it and all is now good.

Thanks

Kev

Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:22 AM