Windows Server 2012 Essentials disappearing client computers RRS feed

• Question

• We have an install of Windows Server 2012 Essentials which was an upgrade for a SBS Server 2011 Domain.  The upgrade went without any problem and we have since removed the SBS server from the domain.

Now we have a problem that has occurred twice so far.  For no reason and at no apparent time or without any entries in the event log on the Windows Server 2012 Essentials server all of the client computers show as removed from the dashboard and then when you try to log onto the client computers they are no longer part of the domain and need to be rejoined.

The only computer that has not been removed is one that is not configured for backups, all of the other computers have a last backup date of the 12th but have shown no errors in the dashboard over this period.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• A quick update.

I checked each client and they all have the same Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector Version 6.2 (Build 9805).  Client computers are all Windows 7 Pro SP1 with all current updates except IE 10.

I uninstalled the Connector from one client computer which is not in use yet and reinstalled it.  The reinstall gives the same version however after the install the client computer once again shows up in the dashboard.

I do not want to do this to all of the client computers as when you do this the server removes all previous client backups as if the computer was never there before.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:01 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding the issue, maybe we should uninstall and reinstall the Connector software to resolve it.

Disconnect your computer from or reconnect your computer to the server

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713540.aspx

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, April 8, 2013 5:49 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:05 AM