none
changing the default timing option of continuing an incompleted task RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I was told today that when I report a specific mission progress (that should have been completed) by the time of reporting - the MS PROJECT default option is defining the continuation of completing the mission is from the reporting time on. but what if it's not the case and I would rather continue working on this mission another time in the future?

I remember that inserting dates manually isn't recommended - so maybe there is a better way to do so?

Thanks!

Sunday, March 4, 2018 8:53 PM

Answers

• There is an option to reschedule incomplete work available in the Project Client - on the Project Ribbon select "Update Project" and in the dialogue box displayed select the option as shown below and enter a suitable date in the future. This will split any "in progress tasks" with the resume date being the date you specified, any unstarted tasks will have the Start no Earlier than constraint applied.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

• Edited by Dominic Moss Monday, March 5, 2018 2:17 PM include image
    • Proposed as answer by Dominic Moss Monday, March 12, 2018 4:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by EN31 Monday, March 12, 2018 6:15 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 2:16 PM

All replies

• There is an option to reschedule incomplete work available in the Project Client - on the Project Ribbon select "Update Project" and in the dialogue box displayed select the option as shown below and enter a suitable date in the future. This will split any "in progress tasks" with the resume date being the date you specified, any unstarted tasks will have the Start no Earlier than constraint applied.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

• Edited by Dominic Moss Monday, March 5, 2018 2:17 PM include image
    • Proposed as answer by Dominic Moss Monday, March 12, 2018 4:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by EN31 Monday, March 12, 2018 6:15 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 2:16 PM
  • thank you for replying

Friday, March 9, 2018 12:21 PM