none
Site Collection Permission

Question

• Hi,i created a 2nd site collection for our company and even though i had full control on the 1st site the second site collection i don't have.The site collection created is not showing on the farm level either .Where does one issue site collection permission ,is it supposed to be like this
    Friday, April 28, 2017 7:28 AM

All replies

• Could you please specify which version you are using and on premises or online ?

If on premises, are you using the same WA? which account are you using obviously?

Friday, April 28, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hope it is not a permission issue. Let us clear the your environment.

For OnPremises

Both site collection under the same web application?

If Yes, Please check the both site collections in the Central Admin and add you as secondary admin, then check it .

If No, Try to access the 2nd site collection by url and see what kind of error showing. 

For SharePoint Online

Navigate to admin center if you not remember the site collection URL's and check the permission level for your account in 2nd Site collection. 

-- Vadivelu B Life with SharePoint

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

Please double check, whether you created the 2nd site collection not subsite. If you created the subsite, you have to access

http://webapplication:port/sites/sitecollectionname/subsitename

If your site collection not available in the site collection list , then you might have created subsite.

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:48 PM
  • Hi

i created it as a separate site collection

this is it url format: http://webapplication:port/sites/sitecollectionname

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 7:10 AM
    Tuesday, May 02, 2017 7:13 AM
  • the url for the new site collection does not appear on farm level site collections

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Then you didn't.

If it's not showing up in the SharePoint administration page then it doesn't exist in your environment. The simplest and most common mistake is user error, closing a window before it completes or not refreshing the admin page.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Hi Livhu,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 1:48 PM