none
Milestone task indicator is missing in the Tasks page in pwa (version 2013) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Environment: Project Server 2013.

I assigned a milestone task to a team member to provide the progress of this milestone. In PWA - Tasks page, it is NOT showing a milestone indicator (in attachment (I) column) to let user differentiate the task type (i.e. regular task or a milestone task).

We were able to see this milestone indicator in PWA version 2010.

Any clue or hotfix?

Appreciate for your help!

Thanks,

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you share a screenshot?

That being said, you are not supposed to assign resources on milestones (0d duration), this is not at all a good practice. Milestone are deliverable, with no effort and no duration. You will assign a resource to the task which will lead to the given milestone, but not to the milestone itself.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, June 9, 2016 7:13 AM
  • Thanks Guillaume for your reply! I know it's not a good practice but it's a business requirement. I have attached two screenshots. The first one shows in PWA version 2013 which is not showing milestone indicator however, you can see an milestone indicator in PWA version 2010. Any clue!

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:45 PM
  • I see.. I'd say MS just removed the milestone triangle, but since I don't work for them, I can't give you anymore clue..

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 10, 2016 5:57 AM