hyper-v Over SMB RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone!

I want to move to a virtualized environment , I was taking a look at hyper-v over SMB with storage spaces and shared JBOD as a storage solution.

I have 4 servers that I want to virtualize. DC, SQL , Traditional file server and an application server.

And inside the hyper-v cluster I will be using some sort of guest cluster, like another dc and maybe SQL always on availability group or maybe shared VHDX for a traditional guest cluster.

1)Can I setup clustered storage spaces on the same 2 servers that will be used as clustered SOFS? Or I need dedicated servers for storage spaces, and separate storage spaces from SOFS.

2)Should I virtualize my DC?? Or is it better to have them on my Physical Hyper-v servers?

3)I was taking a look at the dell VRTX , can this scenario work on the dell?? 4 physical servers ,2 SOFS clusters and 2 hyper-v clusters without storage spaces and use dell shared storage.

PS : This topic is new for me and my information and planning may all be wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Monday, June 1, 2015 10:30 AM