Outlook 2010 won't start in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Previously I had Office 2010 installed on my windows 8 pro laptop. I since upgraded to another laptop with windows 10 pro installed.

I installed office again on the new computer, just find out that outlook is not working. As a matter of fact it doesn't even go beyond the splash screen. After a relatively long pause, I finally get a message reading "server is unavailable". It also gives other option of "work offline" or "cancel". Cancel is the only one that works. Not at all beneficial in my case.

Does Microsoft deliberately does that so I will have to buy the online version on subscription base? or is there a fix?

I'm able to connect to outlook on the internet without problems, so I assume it's safe to say that the server message is not correct.

Advise anyone?

Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which type of email account are you using? Exchange, POP3 or IMAP? How did you configure your email account? Could you provide the detailed steps here so that we can verified whether there is anything wrong?

Which status is Outlook stuck in? Processing, loading profile or anything else?

We may first try to start Outlook in safe mode and then see whether this issue continues. To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Besides, we may also try to create a new Outlook mail profile from Control Panel and set up your email account in the new mail profile to see whether this issue persists. For your convenience:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/829918/how-to-create-profile-and-set-up-an-e-mail-account-in-outlook

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:52 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 3:15 AM
  • Read her post.  she and I and many others prefer the old outlook.  you are guiding her to the new outlook.  Hence, why this company stinks.  They never listen or pay attention to their consumer users.

Friday, January 19, 2018 8:45 PM