none
Week number divided between months RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

All our reports and calculations are week based. But in the OLAP cube derived from project server you can unfold the time field until week, but some weeks fall in two separate months. This makes that in our reports we have to fabricate different tables to calculate the total values of weeks.

Is there any way in which you can skip quarter and month so the outdent of time is only year and week?

We are using project server 2010.

Thank you in advance,

Bert

Kind regards, Bert

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:53 PM

All replies

• I generally use the SQL tables for source data as they're easier to manipulate than the OLAP cubes.  Easiest would be to simply use a query against those.  (May be a performance hit depending on the size of your data.)

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Monday, May 13, 2013 2:53 AM
  • Hi Bert

You can create  fiscal periods (that will create whole week periods across Fiscal months).  You can then excluded the fiscal month and fiscal quarters from your OLAP queries.

All the best

Duncan

Monday, May 13, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Hello all

I do have the same problem.

while talking about fiscal time, is this to be done manually to create the 52 fiscal periods corresponding to the weeks.

didi you find more clever way to manage this bad hierarchy of time in Olap cubes?

regards

Jérome

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:12 PM
  • Hello Duncan

Fiscal time is not giving weeks but stucks to month then days.

Am I doing sokmething wrong?

Jérome

Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:58 PM