none
Project Center (Projects view) Timeline on the top giving error while adding tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Project Center
    (Projects view) Timeline on the top giving error while adding tasks

office 365<o:p></o:p>

IE11<o:p></o:p>

office 2013<o:p></o:p>

screenshot
    attached<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have any tasks in the project that are automatically scheduled? Are you trying on a project or a sharepoint list? Does it work if you try adding the project instead of tasks? Do you have any error in the queue and ULS logs?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:23 AM
  • Do you have any tasks in the project that are automatically scheduled? – All tasks in the project are Auto scheduled

Are you trying on a project or a sharepoint list? – I select the timeline, then the project and then Click ‘Add Tasks’. Intention is to add tasks from a specific project.

Does it work if you try adding the project instead of tasks? – The project is added to the timeline already of you see the screenshot. The tasks do not show though.

Do you have any error in the queue and ULS logs? – I believe you are referring to Job queues. Yes there are failed jobs in the queue.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 12:42 PM
  • Is this happening on a specific project or all the projects? For the Project for which you are coming across an error are you able to save and publish these Projects successfully?

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Hi and thanks for the reply.

For my second question, a project in PWA can either be a project or a sharepoint task list. I'm not sure that you can add a sharepoint list task to the timeline.

Also does it happen for all projects or on a specific project?

What are the error messages in the queue?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 7:12 AM
  • this is a project and it works fine for the global admin - but our build is different to the users.

the user has windows 7, office 2013 and IE11

the global admin which is me, has office 365 pro, project pro for office 365 and office 2016 and IE11

Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:54 AM