none
DPM2010: Agents Not Responding (Error IDs 308 and 300) RRS feed

• Question

• Just recently, about 5 of my domain servers have stopped responding to agent requests from the DPM server.

The servers are located in both our main office, and a remote datacenter, and were working fine previously.  I have 10-15 other domain servers that have agents functioning properly in both locations.

I have google searched this problem for two days and cannot find a fix.

I have checked all the windows firewall settings, uninstalled/reinstalled agents manually, ran windows updates, rebooted, and checked all DNS entries for the various servers.

WBEMTEST works only from the protected servers to the DPM server, but not vice versa. I know this is indicative of a problem outside of DPM, but I can't fathom what it can be, and haven't had any success with any suggestions I've located.

So I was hoping maybe somebody on this forum could help me, and has potentially ran into the same issue before...

EDIT:

Just to add, here's what I'm seeing on the DPM server system log, however all the firewall rules on the protected servers are configured for DCOM access, which is why I'm stumped.

"DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer xxxxxxx.domain.com using any of the configured protocols."

• Edited by ewellsie Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies

• Have you check to disable the local firewall for the protected server just to make sure what is causing the problem?

and do you have all UDP ports open in your firewall?

Have you checked the local account on the PG that its not set to change password?

Hope that helps,

Laith.

If you found this helpful please mark it as an Answer.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:26 PM